2023 Summer Programs
High School Credit Recovery
Eastpointe High School will be offering our traditional credit recovery program from Monday, June 19 – Thursday, July 27 for high school students looking to earn high school credits. Classes will be offered virtually through the Edmentum platform.
Program Setting: All courses are virtual. Students may choose to attend in-person lab periods from 8 a.m. to noon, Monday through Thursday, at Eastpointe High School or complete coursework from home. The Edmentum platform is available to students 24/7. EHS Summer School teachers can be contacted by email or Google Meet and will be available during open lab times.
$50 registration fee for Eastpointe Community Schools students, includes unlimited classes
$200 per class for non-ECS students
FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED EHS STUDENTS ONLY: You must pass your summer school class with a B or better in order to get the next class free. Anything lower than that the student will have to pay another $50 for the next class to be unlocked.
Payments may be made through the online payment portal or accepted in person at the EHS Counseling office.
Registration for high school credit recovery is now closed.
K-8 Summer Programs
As of May 16, all K-8 summer programs are now FULL. You may complete the application to be added to a waitlist. We will contact you if a spot becomes available.
Eastpointe Community Schools is proud to again offer a comprehensive and exciting Summer Camp Series for our students entering kindergarten through 8th grade, at no cost to parents. This summer's camps will take place face-to-face at Eastpointe Middle School.
These programs will run from July 10 - August 17, Monday-Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Breakfast, lunch, and transportation will be provided. Students will attend a field trip and are eligible to receive a free summer scholarship to the Boys and Girls Club.
Students MUST be enrolled in Eastpointe Community Schools. If your child is not currently enrolled but plans to attend ECS in the fall, they must complete the registration process before enrolling in summer programs.
In a collaboration with the MISD, Eastpointe Community Schools is offering the following programs for Eastpointe Community Schools students:
- KinderConnect (students entering Kindergarten): Students will be engaged in daily literacy experiences through interactive and meaningful activities with other students preparing to enter kindergarten. Early Literacy gives children the foundation they need in order to learn, grow, and become self-confident learners.
- First Fundamentals (students entering 1st grade): Students will be engaged in daily literacy experiences through interactive and meaningful activities with other children entering the first grade. Early Literacy gives children the foundation they need in order to learn, grow, and become self-confident learners.
- Summer Scholars Program (students entering 2nd-5th grade): The Summer Scholars Program is an instructional school-based program targeting literacy and math intervention for students entering Grades 2-5. Students will be engaged in comprehensive and meaningful literacy and math instruction using evidence based practices to address their individual needs.
- Middle School Readers & Writers (students entering 6th-8th grade): This is a workshop-based camp that provides middle school students with daily opportunities to read, write, and discuss ideas with their peers. Students will work toward individual reading and writing goals, while sharing their work with an audience beyond the classroom.
- Math Mindset (students entering 6th-8th grade): The academic program consists of mathematical mindset messages, number talks, problem based lessons, and classroom activities from the inspirational math series on www.youcubed.org. This program integrates engaging activities with interactive software to help correct students’ misconceptions in mathematics and help develop a conceptual understanding of concepts needed to be successful in algebra.
Click here to be added to the summer program waitlist. As of May 16, all K-8 summer programs are now FULL. You may complete the application to be added to a waitlist. We will contact you if a spot becomes available.
Special Education Programs
ECS is excited to again offer a pair of summer programs for students with an IEP who are entering grades 1 though 6.
Programs will take place Monday-Thursdays from July 10 through August 17, 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m., at Eastpointe Middle School. Enrollment forms were sent home with your child. Please call 586-533-3738 with any questions.
E3 - Enrich, Explore, Engage and L.E.A.P. - Learn, Enrich, Achieve, Play: These special education summer camps will include literacy, mathematics, social-emotional learning, and engaging projects to help continue learning and engagement through the summer break.