To protect the health of our school community and per the Emergency Order issued by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Eastpointe Community Schools will use this webpage to provide public notice regarding School Associated Cases of COVID-19.
Within 24 hours of being notified of a School Associated Case by the Macomb County Health Department, this dashboard will be updated to include new and cumulative COVID-19 case counts.
Any notification of close contacts is made directly by building administration, the Macomb County Health Department, and/or the employer (for staff). Eastpointe Community Schools is committed to following the guidance of the medical experts and assisting the health department throughout the contact tracing process.
School Associated COVID-19 Cases
Cases refer to both "Confirmed" and "Probable" school-associated cases of COVID-19. A "Confirmed" case resulted from a positive COVID-19 laboratory test. A "Probable" case is someone exposed to COVID-19 and exhibiting symptoms.
Last reported case: 10/14/2020
|Building||Current Cases||Cumulative Cases|
|Early Learning Center||0||0|
|Forest Park Elementary||0||0|
|Eastpointe Middle School (6-7)||0||0|
|8th Grade Academy||0||0|
|Eastpointe High School (9-12)||1||1|
|Alternative Center/Virtual Academy||0||0|
Actions You Can Take
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictions of social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow & wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the school community who were or are suspected to have been in close contact with a School Associated Case will be notified by the Macomb County Health Department and/or Eastpointe Community Schools.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment for our face-to-face students and staff while also providing quality education.