2018 Summer Programs
Eastpointe Community Schools is proud to offer a comprehensive and exciting Summer Camp Series for our students, ranging from Kindergarten through 8th grade, at no cost to parents.
Our camps will run July 16-August 9, Monday-Thursday, and include free breakfast, lunch, and transportation. Full and half day programs are available. For more information, call 586-907-4143.
All programs feature small class sizes, learning excursions, technology use, and hands-on learning opportunities for all students!
ALL OF THESE CAMPS ARE FREE TO EASTPOINTE STUDENTS!
Check out this video made by one of the classes in last year's summer program!
Elementary School Programs
In a collaboration with the MISD, Eastpointe Community Schools is offering the following programs for elementary-age students:
- KinderConnections (entering Kindergarten)
- First Fundamentals (entering 1st grade)
- Science Literacy Camp (entering 2nd-4th grade)
Eastpointe Community Schools is also offering Title I Summer Discovery Camp for students entering grades 1-5.
Mornings will focus on hands-on activities in reading, writing, and math, while afternoons will feature a variety of child-centered enrichment activities.
Elementary school summer programs will take place at Forest Park Elementary School, 18361 Forest. Full-day sessions take place from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., while a half-day option runs from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Middle School Programs
The Summer Middle School program is for students entering grades 6-8 in fall 2018.
We are offer the following programs:
- Project-Based Learning with a focus on literacy, math, and science from 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Standards-Based Learning for student that need additional support from previous grade in Math and Literacy from 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Math Mindset, a MISD program with an intense focus on mathematical with growth mindset from 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Enrichment Programs to embrace the arts, health, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) from 12:30 – 3:30pm
- Enrichment courses may include: Sports Camp (Basketball, Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, Yoga...), Web Page Design/Coding, Video Production, Dance, Art, Vocal Music, Rocketry, Drawing/Painting, Cooking and much more!
Middle school summer programs will take place at Eastpointe Alternative Center, 15320 East 9 Mile Road. Full-day sessions take place from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., while a half-day option runs from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
High School Credit Recovery
Summer school is available at Eastpointe High School for credit recovery this summer. Session 1 runs from June 18 to July 12 (no school the week of July 4), and Session 2 runs from July 16 to August 2. There are no Friday classes, and lunch will be provided.
For more information, please see the registration packet.